Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Letter To My Husband

Thanks.

Thanks for being that funny guy at the end of the day. You make me laugh, even when I'm trying really hard not to. I could slap you for even trying to cheer me up in the first place. Can't you see I'm doing my best to bring you down with me? Your good nature buoys me even when I seem determined to be miserable.

Thanks

Thanks for going to work everyday so that I can stay home with the kids. It's not easy being the one who has to put a roof over our heads and food in our mouths. We eat a lot, too. You make sure we are warm, fed and loved. We have a pillow to rest our heads at the end of the day. A lot of people don't even have that.  I hope you know how grateful we are.

Thanks

Thanks for taking the high road. Whenever there is a conflict, here, at work, or out in the wide world, you always treat everyone with respect. I've never seen you snap or be nasty to anyone. You gladly help people who need it, even if it means going out of your way to do so. You are a much kinder person than I'll ever be, but hopefully some of it will rub off anyways.

Thanks

Thanks for seeing that I quite often am none of these things, but you don't call me on it. Instead you tell me all the good things I am and do. You don't  focus on the negative and hang me out to dry. Instead you remind me who I can be and make me want to be that person. You give me space and time to be a better person.

Thanks

Thanks for being you just the way you are.

*disclaimer - I'm still right, even when I'm wrong. If I nag, I nag with love. Stop messing with my cooking, it's fine just the way it is.

2 comments:

  1. :) Love this, and I'm sure he will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really special Jen! I hope many woman are reading this and feeling the same way as you! P.S.im sure your cooking is wonderful just like mine he he he!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Leave your two cents. We do backflips for comments.