I would buy you a green dress. Hey, I know you were all thinking it. Don't lie. I'm sure every one has been asked, or at least thought about it themselves, what would you do if you won the lottery? I'm talking millions of dollars! You would never have to worry about money troubles again. Oh man! How good would that feel? I thought getting a good parking spot was awesome. I'm not sure I'd be emotionally equipped to handle that much good news. I suppose my first response would be to faint and my second to pick myself off the floor.
I think if you asked most people you would get some very similar answers. I'd buy a house, car, go on vacation, a shopping spree! Then, remembering themselves, add give some away to friends and family and give some to charity too. I'm not sure I'm the best person to win the lotto really. I don't think I could spend that flamboyantly. I'm sure it would be fun, but I would feel totally self conscience about it. My millionaire list, I imagine, is a bit different from the norm.
1) Firstly I wouldn't by a super car or anything too flashy. Something nice and dependable with all the bells and whistles. I need room to fit in two car seats and possibly additional passengers. Oh cripes! I think I'm suggesting that if money was no object I'm buy a minivan! Well it would be a really FLASH minivan.
2) I'm also completely clueless and lazy in the kitchen. So I would hire a personal chef and nutritionist. That way I know there will always be healthy meals on the table for everyone. No more popcorn and Kraft dinner for supper! Yippe!
3) I would pay off my mortgage and the mortgage of my friends and family too. Then I'd invest some money back into this house. There are a lot of things that could be improved. The deck, new carpets, new kitchen cupboards and counters, fence in the yard and some really class act landscaping. Why not just sell it you ask? We will, but I want it to look nice for the next person. We love this house and want it to be a nice home for someone else too.
4) Buy a bigger home. Something not far from the city but not right in it either. Lots of land. Scott likes to mow the lawn on one of those riding mowers. Maybe get him a nice umbrella for it.
5) Travel. I'd like to take the kids to see family that don't live near us. We'd go to Toronto, Winnipeg, Germany, Scotland and the like. We'd make sure we saw Canada coast to coast. I've always wanted to go out east for some sea food fresh from the ocean.
6) Save for the kids education. Not just school, but things they're interested in too. If they want to learn the cello or steel drum, I'm sure someone can teach them. Mind you, if there's a private school that would be right up their alley, I'd like them to have the option of attending. I'd want them to be able to go to whatever college or university they wanted to later on too.
7) Go back to school. Yes, again! I'm sure there are a few classes I haven't taken yet. Maybe I'd even go to law school when the kids are older.
8) The multitude a worthy charities to give too. I'd like to help out different ones every year some how. There are so many worthy causes, I don't think I could advocate for just one.
9) I like to have my own comic book shop. It's stupid I know, but I've always wanted one.
10) Become a foster parent. I'd really like to be able to do this. So many kids need a new start and the system seems so broken. I'd like to help the few that I could. We have a good family and come from good families. I think everyone should have a chance at that.