Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Why I'm a Terrible Blogger

There are a lot of reasons why I just shouldn't have a blog. I have compiled the top five reasons, but they are certainly not limited to just these:

1) I don't blog

This is a fairly crucial element to having a blog. Providing content on a somewhat regular basis. I have lots of excuses though. Some of them even good excuses. The fact is I only bother when I get bored or the just happen to feel like writing something over doing something that day. I'm a unblogger I guess. Just when you think I've given it up, I post something.

2) I have nothing to talk about

That's not entirely true. I have lots to talk about; sometimes. Unfortunately I only think of these things while doing something else. The frown on texting and driving, try blogging and driving! That's when my mind wonders enough to actually have a moment to think. Or maybe it's because the kids are finally quiet and I can actually hear myself think. Hmmm. Either way, there's never a computer around when I need one. By the time I sit myself down inspiration has lost me!

3) I'm not "plugged in"



Just that term should peg me for the Luddite that I am. "Plugged in"?? What is this, the 90s?? My point is that most people, certainly bloggers, at least own a way of up loading photos and other content on the go. I have a cell phone. Sometimes it's even charged. I normally use it to look up the time. I don't even wear a watch. If you're a serious blogger, and even if you aren't, you have more than one social media platform that you make use of. Twitter, pintrest, tumblr ect. Nope, not me. I have more than just my blog, but unless I have my laptop or iPad with me, I don't add a whole lot of content to them. Which totally defeats the whole point of having them in the first place. So I'll say it again: I'll trade one red paperclip for an iPod Touch or iPhone.

4) I don't read other blogs

For the most part I don't read other blogs. A number of friends have blogs and I DO read those, but on the whole I don't read that many. I read those mainly to keep in touch with people that, because of our busy lives, I don't get to see or talk to on a regular basis. There are a small number of blogs that I do read. The Bloggess is one of my favorites. She's just about the coolest person EVER! I also read from time to time BackpackingDad and The Nerdist. Every now and again another blogger will post an interesting article I'll see in my twitter feed and I'll check it out.

5) I can't think of another reason why. Maybe this a form of writers block. Or maybe I just don't have the attention span to come up with a number five. Oh wait, is that something shiny...

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you're a terrible blogger, you're probably like most of us 'unprofessional' bloggers, you blog without a plan.
    I just started to use a mind-mapping app to help me blog. It's helped sort the general ideas and get more detail on other ideas.
    If you're using windows, I would recommend xmind(http://www.xmind.net/downloads/).
    But I'm sure there are other mind mapping apps for the iPad and whatnot :)

    Don't give up! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Leave your two cents. We do backflips for comments.