Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Woot! Dr.Who is back!

This is a Who House, a house of Whovians if you will. We're super excited because Dr.Who is returning this Saturday. We're also celebrating my daughter's first birthday, which is good too I guess. The whole day can't be all about her though, right?

If you haven't been initiated into Dr.Who you don't know what you're missing. It's not that hokey stuff you may have watched in the 70s and 80s. Although I must admit, it kinda scared me when I was a kid. Occasionally I'd catch glances of it from time to time and it would freak me out. The misty outline of a "Green Bald Alien" became a haunting figure in our childhood. "Don't go over there by yourself; THE GREEN BALD ALIEN MIGHT GET YOU!!" Anywho, ahhh, see what I did there?? The modern Dr.Who is awesome. I suggest starting at the season with David Tennant and working your way up from there. If anything watch the Blink, the episode with the Weeping Angels. If that doesn't hook you, nothing will. By far the creepiest, sit on the edge of your seat, nail biter around. You'll love it!












The second part of the current season is on this Saturday at 8pm on the Space channel. This incarnation of the Doctor is played by Matt Smith. His two companions are played by Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill. The chemistry between the three is brilliant! Below is a trailer for the current season and the return episode titled "Let's Kill Hitler!" Sounds like fun, eh?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Leave your two cents. We do backflips for comments.